This workflow will batch process a directory of images: - comets should be horizontally oriented, tails to the right. Additional preprocessing is required if the gel does not match with this orientation (Rotate images, Using ImageJ/Transform Image or TransformJ plugin for example). Then using the plugin:
- Uneven background correction
- Automatic detection of comet shapes with outliers detection
- Automatic detection of the heads of comets (brightest region or profile analysis)
- Statistical values of tails, heads and Olive moments.
- Manual correction is available.
- Does live analysis with Micro-Manager